See Our Waxing Gallery
Waxing is the process of hair removal from the root by using a covering of a sticky substance, such as wax, to adhere to body hair, and then removing this covering and pulling out the hair from the follicle.
Benefits of Waxing
Waxing lasts longer than shaving because it pulls the hair from the roots. No cuts or nicks that can leave you with scars. For many, this processs makes the hair grow slower and finer. It produces smoother results because hair is pulled from the root. Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without feeling itchy, because of slower hair regrowth.
Do and Donts for Waxing
- Let it grow we usually recommend about 1 cm [of hair]
- Exfoliate prior to waxing
- Dress Wisely
- Don’t wear tight panties for the next few days. Wear plain cotton underwear after your wax, lace or un-breathable materials can irritate the area.
- Hands Off!
- Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- Cool Off with a cool temperature shower or bath.
- Keep the waxed area clean, but do not use harsh cleansers or creams for 24 hours post wax.
- No tanning beds, saunas or steam rooms for the next two days.
- Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- Scrub… Scrub…Scrub…
- Two full days later use an exfoliating glove in the shower to prevent ingrown hair or bumps.You should use exfoliating gloves, brushes or any other means of exfoliating
- Moisturize the area.